- Things That Live in Bobby Parnell’s BeardPosted 1 day ago
- Busy Off Season for Nationals and MarlinsPosted 2 days ago
- A Totally Fake Interview with Keith HernandezPosted 3 days ago
- Viola: Why Catchers Hate Knuckle “Balls”Posted 4 days ago
- 1988: Worst. Year. EVERPosted 4 days ago
- Pedro Martinez Loves Mets Fans…Out of SympathyPosted 5 days ago
- Gooden Raises Awareness for Family in NeedPosted 5 days ago
- Wilpon’s New Role is Truly WorrisomePosted 5 days ago
- Who Needs Wins When You Can Grow Your Scoreboard?Posted 6 days ago
- Mets Make Marketing Blunder AgainPosted 6 days ago
Andy Martino Thinks Zack Wheeler Doesn’t Tweet Properly
- Updated: May 26, 2013
@iked29 just doing it right there!!! That a boy
— Zack wheeler (@Wheelerpro45) May 27, 2013
One more thing. Zack Wheeler tweeted “that a boy” at Ike Davis? If I’m him I’m thinking, easy there, Vegas.
— Andy Martino (@MartinoNYDN) May 27, 2013
Ike Davis has been in a slump for as long as the baseball season has been going on. It has been rumored that Ike would be sent down to Las Vegas for the past few weeks.
On Sunday Night Baseball, in front of the entire country, he drove in the go ahead and insurance runs to help give the Mets a 4-2 win over the Braves.
Zack Wheeler watching the game from Vegas was so happy for his future teammate (whether in Vegas or Queens) that he tweeted him some encouragement.
Andy Martino, who has been known to ruffle a few feathers with his articles, seemed to believe as you see above, that the tweet was a little out of line for a young player like Wheeler.
This is to me a tweet from Andy that just screams of jumping to conclusions and over-thinking the situation.
All Zack did was show how happy he was for Ike and saying “that a boy” to him on twitter. It is not a big deal and If it is one to Ike, he should relax.
Is this a story? Not really.
In my humble opinion it is pretty stupid to make anything of what Zack did. But, Andy couldn’t resist throwing in his two cents. It is his right to do so, but it just sounds pretty dumb.
Keep reaching for stories Andy.