- Future Bright for David Wright?Posted 2 days ago
- Ganci’s Birthday Mets Wish ListPosted 4 days ago
- Pitching Depth is Never BadPosted 5 days ago
- Is King Kang Coming to Queens?Posted 6 days ago
- Santa Claus Descends Upon Citi FieldPosted 6 days ago
- Just in Case You Forgot How Awesome Matt Harvey isPosted 1 week ago
- With Wilpons, Mets Will Continue to Fall ShortPosted 1 week ago
- Roberto Clemente: Mr. 3,000 Against the MetsPosted 3 months ago
- The End of An Era in NYPosted 3 months ago
- GIF: Marlins OF Marcel Ozuna Throws Ball Into Own Dugout Against MetsPosted 4 months ago
It’s Time to Make David Wright Captain
- Updated: February 1, 2013
— Sean Mills (@SeanMills5) January 30, 2013
When the Mets showed that they believe David Wright is the long-term face of the franchise by locking him up to an extension, it proved that they want to build around him.
This is undoubtedly David Wright’s team says there’s one small gesture that would go a long way to make that official — naming Wright the team captain. By the way, if happen that you are looking for site that has a great MLB betting odds you can check it on Top Bet.
Now, I know what many are thinking. When you think of “The Captain” in New York sports, two people likely come to mind…Derek Jeter and Mark Messier, both of whom have brought championships to their respective teams. I think being a captain means more than that.
Look at Ryan Callahan of the New York Rangers for example. He’s not a flashy goal scorer. He does all the little things, which makes him a “lead-by-example type of captain,” which is a mold I think David Wright could follow.
For more on David Wright, check out his official website by clicking here.
Do you think David Wright should be made captain? Tell us in the comments section below.