- Alderson to Fans: Take a Deep BreathPosted 2 days ago
- The Rotation ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- Is There Something in the Water?Posted 2 days ago
- Mets Sign International Free AgentPosted 3 days ago
- Meet the Met: Darrell CecilianiPosted 3 days ago
- Keep Calm and Stay the Course Mets FansPosted 3 days ago
- Remembering The Last Glimmer of HopePosted 6 days ago
- A Sweep in ChicagoPosted 7 days ago
- Bobby Valentine: The Master of DisguisePosted 1 week ago
- Cubs Wreck Thor’s DebutPosted 1 week ago
It’s Time to Make David Wright Captain
- Updated: February 1, 2013
— Sean Mills (@SeanMills5) January 30, 2013
When the Mets showed that they believe David Wright is the long-term face of the franchise by locking him up to an extension, it proved that they want to build around him.
This is undoubtedly David Wright’s team says there’s one small gesture that would go a long way to make that official — naming Wright the team captain. By the way, if happen that you are looking for site that has a great MLB betting odds you can check it on Top Bet.
Now, I know what many are thinking. When you think of “The Captain” in New York sports, two people likely come to mind…Derek Jeter and Mark Messier, both of whom have brought championships to their respective teams. I think being a captain means more than that.
Look at Ryan Callahan of the New York Rangers for example. He’s not a flashy goal scorer. He does all the little things, which makes him a “lead-by-example type of captain,” which is a mold I think David Wright could follow.
For more on David Wright, check out his official website by clicking here.
Do you think David Wright should be made captain? Tell us in the comments section below.