- Happy Wedding Anniversary Mike PiazzaPosted 1 day ago
- David Wright is the Key to 2015Posted 1 day ago
- Mets Add Second Foo Fighters ConcertPosted 1 day ago
- Why Do Mets Fans Hate the Yankees?Posted 2 days ago
- Dilson Herrera Shows off Unique SkillPosted 2 days ago
- When Does The Madness Stop?Posted 2 days ago
- Mets Off-Season Leaves Much to be DesiredPosted 3 days ago
- GIF: Valdespin Tries to Stay WarmPosted 4 days ago
- Top 7 Mets Snow PhotosPosted 4 days ago
- Things That Live in Bobby Parnell’s BeardPosted 6 days ago
It’s Time to Make David Wright Captain
- Updated: February 1, 2013
— Sean Mills (@SeanMills5) January 30, 2013
When the Mets showed that they believe David Wright is the long-term face of the franchise by locking him up to an extension, it proved that they want to build around him.
This is undoubtedly David Wright’s team says there’s one small gesture that would go a long way to make that official — naming Wright the team captain. By the way, if happen that you are looking for site that has a great MLB betting odds you can check it on Top Bet.
Now, I know what many are thinking. When you think of “The Captain” in New York sports, two people likely come to mind…Derek Jeter and Mark Messier, both of whom have brought championships to their respective teams. I think being a captain means more than that.
Look at Ryan Callahan of the New York Rangers for example. He’s not a flashy goal scorer. He does all the little things, which makes him a “lead-by-example type of captain,” which is a mold I think David Wright could follow.
For more on David Wright, check out his official website by clicking here.
Do you think David Wright should be made captain? Tell us in the comments section below.