- Gavin Cecchini: Can’t Wait to Help Bring Title to NYPosted 1 hour ago
- Nine Innings with Steve GelbsPosted 5 hours ago
- Wright to Team: Stop Talking and Start DoingPosted 6 hours ago
- Lucas Duda’s Minor InjuryPosted 14 hours ago
- Doc Gooden Pays Tribute to Anthony MasonPosted 24 hours ago
- David Cone: Matt Harvey Can Single-Handedly Win GamesPosted 1 day ago
- Nine Innings with D.J. ShortPosted 1 day ago
- Cliff Floyd Joins Mets SNY TeamPosted 1 day ago
- Bobby Ojeda: Mets Have Ton of Reasons to be OptimisticPosted 2 days ago
- Five Reasons the Mets Should Keep Dillon GeePosted 2 days ago
Mets Trade Ike Davis On Friday And Still Have His Banner Up At Citi Field
- Updated: April 19, 2014
On Friday night the Mets traded away Ike Davis to the Pirates for minor league pitcher Zack Thornton and a Player to be Named Later.
It seems that 24 hours is just not enough time for the Mets and their stadium operations people to take down Ike’s banner now that he is no longer with the team.
— THE Terry leach (@TezzaNYM) April 19, 2014
Is this a major #LOLMets moment? We wouldn’t say major but we got a good laugh out of it none the less.
Although the Mets do have banners of former players who were big parts of past teams so maybe they just want everyone to remember that Ike was a New York Met!