- Zack Wheeler Hopes to Crush Bryce Harper’s DreamsPosted 15 hours ago
- What If Report: Manny RamirezPosted 18 hours ago
- Nine Innings with Andy MartinoPosted 22 hours ago
- Craig Carton: What Daniel Murphy Said Was OffensivePosted 2 days ago
- Nine Innings with Mets Merized and Joe DPosted 2 days ago
- Daniel Murphy Doesn’t Approve of Gay LifestylePosted 2 days ago
- David Shows Why He’s The CaptainPosted 2 days ago
- David Wright Snubbed on MLB Top 100 Players ListPosted 3 days ago
- Mets Doing Radio Fans a DisservicePosted 3 days ago
- Mets to Welcome Families of Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 3 days ago
#MetsTwitterBrackets Elite 8 Matchups
- Updated: March 27, 2014
The #MetsTwitterBrackets Elite 8 matchups have been determined and they were not without suspense. There was one major upset, and we had the closest vote in the #MetsTwitterBrackets illustrious week of existence.
There was talk on the Twitter machine the past few days that we were headed for a Marc Carig vs Jared Diamond clash of the titans in the Journalists region, for the right to move on to the Final Four. Some might have even compared it to the epic matchup between Duke and Kentucky in the old Philadelphia Spectrum back in 1992. But it was all for naught, as Jared Diamond was defeated by Anthony DiComo in the sweet 16. So there will be a Carig vs. DiComo cage match to determine who goes to the Final 4.
In the Mets on Twitter region, chalk reigned supreme as #1 seed Matt Harvey will face #2 Zack Wheeler. It was a nice run for the #16 seed Rising Apple in the Mets Blogs region, but the clock struck midnight on Cinderella. #4 Metsmerized Online bulldozed them and will take on #2 seed Amazin Avenue. To round out the Elite 8, we needed to go down to the absolute last-minute. #3 seed Keith Hernandez, edged out #2 seed Howie Rose by ONE vote. Hernandez will now go on to face the top seed in the TV/Radio region, Gary Cohen.
As always, the voting will close at 9PM tonight. Thank you again to everyone who has been helping spread the word and voting as well!