- Alderson to Fans: Take a Deep BreathPosted 2 days ago
- The Rotation ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- Is There Something in the Water?Posted 2 days ago
- Mets Sign International Free AgentPosted 3 days ago
- Meet the Met: Darrell CecilianiPosted 3 days ago
- Keep Calm and Stay the Course Mets FansPosted 3 days ago
- Remembering The Last Glimmer of HopePosted 6 days ago
- A Sweep in ChicagoPosted 7 days ago
- Bobby Valentine: The Master of DisguisePosted 1 week ago
- Cubs Wreck Thor’s DebutPosted 1 week ago
#MetsTwitterBrackets Elite 8 Matchups
- Updated: March 27, 2014
The #MetsTwitterBrackets Elite 8 matchups have been determined and they were not without suspense. There was one major upset, and we had the closest vote in the #MetsTwitterBrackets illustrious week of existence.
There was talk on the Twitter machine the past few days that we were headed for a Marc Carig vs Jared Diamond clash of the titans in the Journalists region, for the right to move on to the Final Four. Some might have even compared it to the epic matchup between Duke and Kentucky in the old Philadelphia Spectrum back in 1992. But it was all for naught, as Jared Diamond was defeated by Anthony DiComo in the sweet 16. So there will be a Carig vs. DiComo cage match to determine who goes to the Final 4.
In the Mets on Twitter region, chalk reigned supreme as #1 seed Matt Harvey will face #2 Zack Wheeler. It was a nice run for the #16 seed Rising Apple in the Mets Blogs region, but the clock struck midnight on Cinderella. #4 Metsmerized Online bulldozed them and will take on #2 seed Amazin Avenue. To round out the Elite 8, we needed to go down to the absolute last-minute. #3 seed Keith Hernandez, edged out #2 seed Howie Rose by ONE vote. Hernandez will now go on to face the top seed in the TV/Radio region, Gary Cohen.
As always, the voting will close at 9PM tonight. Thank you again to everyone who has been helping spread the word and voting as well!