- VIDEO: Phillies Horn Guy Plays Meet the Mets Outside of Citizens Bank ParkPosted 1 day ago
- Let’s Enjoy ThisPosted 1 day ago
- Juan Uribe: The Ultimate Backstreet Boys FanPosted 1 day ago
- Breaking Down The Mets’ Year-End SchedulePosted 2 days ago
- Chris Carlin: The Opposition Fears CespedesPosted 3 days ago
- Citizens Bank Park Messes Up David Wright’s Scoreboard PhotoPosted 3 days ago
- Phillies Announcer: Mets Fans are ObnoxiousPosted 4 days ago
- Mets Minor League Report: 8/24Posted 5 days ago
- Philly is the Wright Place for David to ReturnPosted 5 days ago
- Reducing Innings on the Big Arms an Okay Move (For Now)Posted 7 days ago
Mike Piazza and the Sept. 11 Homer
- Updated: January 9, 2013
“long fly ball, deep centerfield…this one has a chance….HOME RUN! MIKE PIAZZA! AND THE METS LEAD 3-2!” – howie rose, 9/21/01
— Brian Erni (@brianerni) January 9, 2013
Plain and simple — this was the most amazing game I have ever been to.
I hate to say Mike Piazza lifted the fan base on his shoulders with one swing of the bat, but he did. I get chills thinking about it, from performances by Liza Minnelli and Diana Ross to a huge “Rudy!” chant at New York City’s Mayor.
There wasn’t a dry eye in the place during “God Bless America” and, although I was only 14, it is a night I will truly never forget.
Just one of many moments that proves that Mike Piazza should enter the Hall of Fame wearing a Mets’ cap.
What is your favorite Mike Piazza moment? Tell us in the comments section below.