- Matt Harvey Pitch Perfect In ReturnPosted 18 mins ago
- Campbell’s Versatility Could Play Major RolePosted 2 hours ago
- Nine Innings with Robert BrenderPosted 5 hours ago
- Zack Wheeler Hopes to Crush Bryce Harper’s DreamsPosted 24 hours ago
- What If Report: Manny RamirezPosted 1 day ago
- Nine Innings with Andy MartinoPosted 1 day ago
- Craig Carton: What Daniel Murphy Said Was OffensivePosted 2 days ago
- Nine Innings with Mets Merized and Joe DPosted 2 days ago
- Daniel Murphy Doesn’t Approve of Gay LifestylePosted 2 days ago
- David Shows Why He’s The CaptainPosted 3 days ago
Mike Piazza and the Sept. 11 Homer
- Updated: January 9, 2013
“long fly ball, deep centerfield…this one has a chance….HOME RUN! MIKE PIAZZA! AND THE METS LEAD 3-2!” – howie rose, 9/21/01
— Brian Erni (@brianerni) January 9, 2013
Plain and simple — this was the most amazing game I have ever been to.
I hate to say Mike Piazza lifted the fan base on his shoulders with one swing of the bat, but he did. I get chills thinking about it, from performances by Liza Minnelli and Diana Ross to a huge “Rudy!” chant at New York City’s Mayor.
There wasn’t a dry eye in the place during “God Bless America” and, although I was only 14, it is a night I will truly never forget.
Just one of many moments that proves that Mike Piazza should enter the Hall of Fame wearing a Mets’ cap.
What is your favorite Mike Piazza moment? Tell us in the comments section below.