- Ganci’s Birthday Mets Wish ListPosted 1 day ago
- Pitching Depth is Never BadPosted 2 days ago
- Is King Kang Coming to Queens?Posted 4 days ago
- Santa Claus Descends Upon Citi FieldPosted 4 days ago
- Just in Case You Forgot How Awesome Matt Harvey isPosted 1 week ago
- With Wilpons, Mets Will Continue to Fall ShortPosted 1 week ago
- Roberto Clemente: Mr. 3,000 Against the MetsPosted 3 months ago
- The End of An Era in NYPosted 3 months ago
- GIF: Marlins OF Marcel Ozuna Throws Ball Into Own Dugout Against MetsPosted 4 months ago
- #MetsTwitterRecap: PhiLOLiesPosted 4 months ago
Mike Piazza and the Sept. 11 Homer
- Updated: January 9, 2013
“long fly ball, deep centerfield…this one has a chance….HOME RUN! MIKE PIAZZA! AND THE METS LEAD 3-2!” – howie rose, 9/21/01
— Brian Erni (@brianerni) January 9, 2013
Plain and simple — this was the most amazing game I have ever been to.
I hate to say Mike Piazza lifted the fan base on his shoulders with one swing of the bat, but he did. I get chills thinking about it, from performances by Liza Minnelli and Diana Ross to a huge “Rudy!” chant at New York City’s Mayor.
There wasn’t a dry eye in the place during “God Bless America” and, although I was only 14, it is a night I will truly never forget.
Just one of many moments that proves that Mike Piazza should enter the Hall of Fame wearing a Mets’ cap.
What is your favorite Mike Piazza moment? Tell us in the comments section below.