- Future Bright for David Wright?Posted 8 hours ago
- Ganci’s Birthday Mets Wish ListPosted 2 days ago
- Pitching Depth is Never BadPosted 3 days ago
- Is King Kang Coming to Queens?Posted 4 days ago
- Santa Claus Descends Upon Citi FieldPosted 5 days ago
- Just in Case You Forgot How Awesome Matt Harvey isPosted 1 week ago
- With Wilpons, Mets Will Continue to Fall ShortPosted 1 week ago
- Roberto Clemente: Mr. 3,000 Against the MetsPosted 3 months ago
- The End of An Era in NYPosted 3 months ago
- GIF: Marlins OF Marcel Ozuna Throws Ball Into Own Dugout Against MetsPosted 4 months ago
Money For Nothing & The Patience For Free
- Updated: January 7, 2013
#mets have quite a bit of $ left to spend. Looking at OF, pen, rotation.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
Jon Heyman took to his twitter yesterday and allowed us Mets fans to dream that Fred woke up, and happened to find money in that Jacket he has been meaning to wear for the past few years but never got around to it.
Found money is the best kind of money really and, if what Heyman is reporting is true, then the Mets are having one of their best days of the off-season.
With holes still existing in the starting rotation, bullpen and the outfield, the Mets have been patient in waiting for the right moment and player to come along to fill those holes.
Plenty of times, teams have found guys in January and February that looked finished but then came out of nowhere to have big seasons. The best example being when the Marlins signed Ivan Rodriguez.
I have a trust in the front office that they will find a guy that can come in and get the job done for the money they are willing to pay them. But, you just wonder when that player is going to come.
At the end of the day, the Mets may have found themselves with plenty of money and plenty of holes to fill, but don’t expect them to fill them on anybody’s time but their own.