- Review: Sandy Alderson’s Baseball MaverickPosted 10 hours ago
- VIDEO: Noah Syndergaard Hits First Major League HomerPosted 1 day ago
- VIDEO: Goodbye Kirk NieuwenhuisPosted 2 days ago
- WFAN’s Al Dukes Bet on Mets to Win PennantPosted 2 days ago
- Is Six-Man Rotation the Permanent Solution?Posted 2 days ago
- David Wright To Visit Back SpecialistPosted 3 days ago
- How the Mets Plan to Pay Tribute on Memorial DayPosted 4 days ago
- VIDEO: Mets Fan Sets Jersey on FirePosted 4 days ago
- Niese and Colon Faltering, But Not Time to Panic…YetPosted 4 days ago
- VIDEO: Mike Francesa Speaks at Five Towns College GraduationPosted 5 days ago
Money For Nothing & The Patience For Free
- Updated: January 7, 2013
#mets have quite a bit of $ left to spend. Looking at OF, pen, rotation.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
Jon Heyman took to his twitter yesterday and allowed us Mets fans to dream that Fred woke up, and happened to find money in that Jacket he has been meaning to wear for the past few years but never got around to it.
Found money is the best kind of money really and, if what Heyman is reporting is true, then the Mets are having one of their best days of the off-season.
With holes still existing in the starting rotation, bullpen and the outfield, the Mets have been patient in waiting for the right moment and player to come along to fill those holes.
Plenty of times, teams have found guys in January and February that looked finished but then came out of nowhere to have big seasons. The best example being when the Marlins signed Ivan Rodriguez.
I have a trust in the front office that they will find a guy that can come in and get the job done for the money they are willing to pay them. But, you just wonder when that player is going to come.
At the end of the day, the Mets may have found themselves with plenty of money and plenty of holes to fill, but don’t expect them to fill them on anybody’s time but their own.