- Troy Tulowitzki Dealt to Blue Jays for Jose ReyesPosted 5 hours ago
- Jacob deGrom Dominates DodgersPosted 2 days ago
- Mets Fan Starts Go Fund Me Campaign to Help OffensePosted 4 days ago
- We’re Not Gonna Take It Anymore!Posted 4 days ago
- Remembering the Day the Mets Got the Wrong ZambranoPosted 5 days ago
- Why the Mets should Trade For….Nevermind.Posted 5 days ago
- Instant Recap: Mets Fall Apart LatePosted 6 days ago
- Heyman: Mets Haven’t Ruled Out Promoting ConfortoPosted 7 days ago
- VIDEO: Simpsons Characters Do Mets Play-by-PlayPosted 7 days ago
- Mets Open Series With A LossPosted 7 days ago
Money For Nothing & The Patience For Free
- Updated: January 7, 2013
#mets have quite a bit of $ left to spend. Looking at OF, pen, rotation.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
Jon Heyman took to his twitter yesterday and allowed us Mets fans to dream that Fred woke up, and happened to find money in that Jacket he has been meaning to wear for the past few years but never got around to it.
Found money is the best kind of money really and, if what Heyman is reporting is true, then the Mets are having one of their best days of the off-season.
With holes still existing in the starting rotation, bullpen and the outfield, the Mets have been patient in waiting for the right moment and player to come along to fill those holes.
Plenty of times, teams have found guys in January and February that looked finished but then came out of nowhere to have big seasons. The best example being when the Marlins signed Ivan Rodriguez.
I have a trust in the front office that they will find a guy that can come in and get the job done for the money they are willing to pay them. But, you just wonder when that player is going to come.
At the end of the day, the Mets may have found themselves with plenty of money and plenty of holes to fill, but don’t expect them to fill them on anybody’s time but their own.