- Oh Jennry!Posted 27 mins ago
- Will The Mets Performance This Week Impact Their Willingness To Make A Big Move?Posted 19 hours ago
- The mood of Mets fans is on the rise!Posted 24 hours ago
- Mets Morning RunPosted 1 day ago
- Troy Tulowitzki Dealt to Blue Jays for Jose ReyesPosted 1 day ago
- Jacob deGrom Dominates DodgersPosted 3 days ago
- Mets Fan Starts Go Fund Me Campaign to Help OffensePosted 5 days ago
- We’re Not Gonna Take It Anymore!Posted 6 days ago
- Remembering the Day the Mets Got the Wrong ZambranoPosted 6 days ago
- Why the Mets should Trade For….Nevermind.Posted 6 days ago
Say No to Upton, Kubel
- Updated: January 7, 2013
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
As much as Jason Kubel can hit homers and Justin Upton is talented, the cost far outweighs the reward in this scenario.
Upton might cost a package starting with Jon Niese. We are building toward having a dominant future pitching staff, which is a formula we’ve seen work in baseball (cue San Francisco Giants). I like Kubel, but the Mets are too lefty heavy as it is, and Duda might be able to put up similar production.