- Future Bright for David Wright?Posted 6 hours ago
- Ganci’s Birthday Mets Wish ListPosted 2 days ago
- Pitching Depth is Never BadPosted 3 days ago
- Is King Kang Coming to Queens?Posted 4 days ago
- Santa Claus Descends Upon Citi FieldPosted 5 days ago
- Just in Case You Forgot How Awesome Matt Harvey isPosted 1 week ago
- With Wilpons, Mets Will Continue to Fall ShortPosted 1 week ago
- Roberto Clemente: Mr. 3,000 Against the MetsPosted 3 months ago
- The End of An Era in NYPosted 3 months ago
- GIF: Marlins OF Marcel Ozuna Throws Ball Into Own Dugout Against MetsPosted 4 months ago
Say No to Upton, Kubel
- Updated: January 7, 2013
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
As much as Jason Kubel can hit homers and Justin Upton is talented, the cost far outweighs the reward in this scenario.
Upton might cost a package starting with Jon Niese. We are building toward having a dominant future pitching staff, which is a formula we’ve seen work in baseball (cue San Francisco Giants). I like Kubel, but the Mets are too lefty heavy as it is, and Duda might be able to put up similar production.