- #StacheTailgate Was a Resounding SuccessPosted 3 days ago
- Pedro to Mejia: Consult with Your TrainersPosted 3 days ago
- Jenrry Mejia Suspended 80 Games- What Now?Posted 7 days ago
- Why The Mets Season Will Be An Elevator RidePosted 1 week ago
- Inaugural #StacheTailgate Features Food, Drinks and TriviaPosted 1 week ago
- This Date in Mets History: The Shot Heard ‘Round SheaPosted 1 week ago
- Pedro Martinez: Harvey Should Model Himself After ClemensPosted 1 week ago
- Post-Game Video: Harvey Returns to Dominate NatsPosted 1 week ago
- The Need for SpeedPosted 1 week ago
- Mets Haven’t Explored Signing SorianoPosted 1 week ago
Say No to Upton, Kubel
- Updated: January 7, 2013
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
As much as Jason Kubel can hit homers and Justin Upton is talented, the cost far outweighs the reward in this scenario.
Upton might cost a package starting with Jon Niese. We are building toward having a dominant future pitching staff, which is a formula we’ve seen work in baseball (cue San Francisco Giants). I like Kubel, but the Mets are too lefty heavy as it is, and Duda might be able to put up similar production.