- Gavin Cecchini: Can’t Wait to Help Bring Title to NYPosted 3 hours ago
- Nine Innings with Steve GelbsPosted 7 hours ago
- Wright to Team: Stop Talking and Start DoingPosted 8 hours ago
- Lucas Duda’s Minor InjuryPosted 16 hours ago
- Doc Gooden Pays Tribute to Anthony MasonPosted 1 day ago
- David Cone: Matt Harvey Can Single-Handedly Win GamesPosted 1 day ago
- Nine Innings with D.J. ShortPosted 1 day ago
- Cliff Floyd Joins Mets SNY TeamPosted 1 day ago
- Bobby Ojeda: Mets Have Ton of Reasons to be OptimisticPosted 2 days ago
- Five Reasons the Mets Should Keep Dillon GeePosted 2 days ago
Say No to Upton, Kubel
- Updated: January 7, 2013
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 7, 2013
As much as Jason Kubel can hit homers and Justin Upton is talented, the cost far outweighs the reward in this scenario.
Upton might cost a package starting with Jon Niese. We are building toward having a dominant future pitching staff, which is a formula we’ve seen work in baseball (cue San Francisco Giants). I like Kubel, but the Mets are too lefty heavy as it is, and Duda might be able to put up similar production.