- Will The Mets Performance This Week Impact Their Willingness To Make A Big Move?Posted 18 hours ago
- The mood of Mets fans is on the rise!Posted 22 hours ago
- Mets Morning RunPosted 24 hours ago
- Troy Tulowitzki Dealt to Blue Jays for Jose ReyesPosted 1 day ago
- Jacob deGrom Dominates DodgersPosted 3 days ago
- Mets Fan Starts Go Fund Me Campaign to Help OffensePosted 5 days ago
- We’re Not Gonna Take It Anymore!Posted 5 days ago
- Remembering the Day the Mets Got the Wrong ZambranoPosted 6 days ago
- Why the Mets should Trade For….Nevermind.Posted 6 days ago
- Instant Recap: Mets Fall Apart LatePosted 7 days ago
The Buck Stops Here
- Updated: April 6, 2013
With another successful game under the belt for John Buck, he will undoubtedly get a day off tomorrow when the Mets look to take their second straight series to start the season.
Although the pace Buck is on is nice, we have to remember why he was brought here. He is a decent hitter, and we knew he had pop, but he is only holding the fort until the Mets deem that Travis D’Arnaud is ready to take his place as the team’s catcher of the future.
When that happens, Buck will still get some starts, but his bigger role will be to help D’Arnaud with the transition in the major league lifestyle.
Don’t get me wrong. I am liking the performance just as much as the rest of you, but I think we can’t expect too much from Buck. He’s good with the pitchers, and the ERA of the starting staff signifies that, but we can’t act like he’s the best thing since sliced bread.
On the other hand, the Mets have had a few guys that they’ve signed to low-risk deals that gave more than expected. Remember Fernando Tatis?
What do you expect to be Buck’s role for the 2013 Mets? Tell us in the comments below.