- VIDEO: Mike Francesa Speaks at Five Towns College GraduationPosted 11 hours ago
- Alderson to Fans: Take a Deep BreathPosted 4 days ago
- The Rotation ConundrumPosted 4 days ago
- Is There Something in the Water?Posted 4 days ago
- Mets Sign International Free AgentPosted 5 days ago
- Meet the Met: Darrell CecilianiPosted 5 days ago
- Keep Calm and Stay the Course Mets FansPosted 5 days ago
- Remembering The Last Glimmer of HopePosted 1 week ago
- A Sweep in ChicagoPosted 1 week ago
- Bobby Valentine: The Master of DisguisePosted 2 weeks ago
The Protector: Matt Harvey Hugs David Wright In The Dugout (GIF)
- Updated: June 15, 2014
On a beautiful Fathers Day afternoon, the Mets were taking on the San Diego Padres and before the game, we saw the love of two teammates for each other shine the brightest.
Matt Harvey and David Wright, the two best players on the Mets today decided they needed a moment to lock in an embrace and share their feelings before the game today.
The visual proof from our good friend @MetsKevin11
Watching that brings to mind this quotes that Harvey gave John Harper of the NY Daily News this week about protecting Wright who has seen a lot of inside fastballs.
“It’s frustrating to watch from the sidelines and not be able to do something about it,” Harvey told Harper. “When it would happen once in a while last year, I’d be the first guy to throw one behind somebody’s ear. And I don’t forget. Once I’m back I’ll be excited about getting the chance to help the captain.’’
According to Harper, Harvey said it’s not his place to talk to teammates about the situation, because he’s technically not on the roster nor with the team every game as he rehabs from Tommy John surgery.
However, he told Harper, “If guys don’t know by now that something needs to be done, it’s going to continue to happen and that’s not acceptable.’’
When Harvey says he wants to protect Wright he means it and he is not afraid to show it.