- Zack Wheeler Undergoes Tommy John SurgeryPosted 2 days ago
- How Long is the Leash for Travis D’arnaud?Posted 2 days ago
- Rashad Jennings Visits Mets CampPosted 2 days ago
- Nine Innings with Jim CallisPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Michael Cuddyer Launches Homer to CenterPosted 7 days ago
- Daily Stache Featured on Cards ConclavePosted 7 days ago
- Nine Innings with Mike PumaPosted 7 days ago
- Reacting to Zack Wheeler’s Season-Ending InjuryPosted 1 week ago
- Stay Calm And Get Tommy John SurgeryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Are Jon Niese or Steven Matz Options for the Pen?Posted 2 weeks ago
Josh Thole Fails to Make Blue Jays
- Updated: March 25, 2013
Josh Thole was informed yesterday that he will begin the season in Triple-A after he lost out on the Toronto Blue Jays backup job to Henry Blanco, or as Matt Falkenbury likes to say, Hank White.
Thole, or as I knew him as “Mr. Ground Ball to Second Base”, was average at best after the Mets gave him a shot to be the everyday catcher. He showed sparks with the bat at times, but he was a slap hitter at best. Essentially a throw-in along with R.A. Dickey in the winter blockbuster, it’s likely that not many fans lost sleep over his departure.
Now, the Mets’ have a light at the end of the tunnel. After an impressive spring, we’re all looking forward to seeing what Travis D’Arnaud has in store for us this year. He’s a major part of the youth movement in flushing, along with Zack Wheeler and Matt Harvey, and he could help lead this team back to relevance.
Do you lose sleep over the loss of Josh Thole? Tell us in the comments below.